RUMI

Cada árbol y cada planta del prado
parece estar danzando;
aquéllos con ojos comunes
sólo los verán fijos e inmóviles.

27 oct 2010

Forgiveness in practice – George Castrinos

Forgiveness in practice – George Castrinos




George Castrinos’s brother was killed in a robbery in 2007. In this video, George speaks about how he has forgiven the murderer, applying Course principles. This is an amazingly powerful demonstration of the Course in practice. If a man can be in the same room as someone who has killed his brother, look him in the eye and say ‘I forgive you’, to see the murderer as a brother, what can we not forgive?

Since January 17th, my whole life has changed. And… I started to have a shift before that, in my awareness. You know, I’m reading this book right now, I’ve read a lot of books, this book I’m reading its called A Course in Miracles, and the main object of that book is atonement and forgiveness. And, you know, most people just want to feel good. They just want to sleep in peace and wake in joy. And for a long time it wasn’t like that for me. And since the death of my brother, I’ve come into my own personal spiritual alignment. And it’s almost like anything that hasn’t served me has just kinda dropped, almost like as a dog comes out of the water and shakes it off. So Dorian, I want you to know that I want good things for you. You know, I don’t want you to die, in the death sentence, you know, and you’re up here pleading guilty, I mean… And I still don’t totally know if you pulled the trigger on my brother. It doesn’t really matter right now, I just want… You’re going to go to prison and there’s beauty in there for it. There’s beauty right here in this courtroom right now.

And you know, these words of revenge, regret… It’s like… because of this.. I can come from atonement and forgiveness. And stand right here before you today, you guys, and tell you - I forgive you. That David Heath’s little brother forgives you. And I want you to know that. Regardless if you did this or not. It sure looks like you did this crime – that’s between you and your maker. So whatever, wherever you’re going, just remember, David Heave’s little brother forgives you. And as for your mother, I want good things for that woman. That family that was here earlier – I want good things for them – I want good things for everybody in this courtroom. And I know if my brother was here right now, he’d be cool with it. I know he would. I know David would be cool with it. Maybe one day, you’ll tell me how it went down, or whatever, if it’s all right with you guys, I’ll send you a book in jail, or a letter or whatever, just to see how things go.